Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
Servant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies using 11 ingredient in 5 easy steps. Here is how you chef something afterward that.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of raisins (divided in half).
- You need 1/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shortening.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of oats.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 275°F. In blender, whiz 1/2 cup of raisins with the water,it will be like stewed prunes..
- I in large bowl mix raisin glop, shortening, egg, brown sugar and vanilla till smooth. Add flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt till evenly mixed. Stir in remaining raisins..
- Place whatever size cookies you want to make ( I usually make them golf ball size and slightly flatten them)on parchment lined baking sheet or greased baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom..
- DO NOT OVERCOOK or they will loose their chewiness!.
- You can use half the sugar amount and add 3/4 cup more raisins if you like..