ICED OATMEAL COOKIES.
Cook ICED OATMEAL COOKIES using 14 ingredient in 4 easy steps. Hither is how you baker something similar to that.
Ingredients of ICED OATMEAL COOKIES
- Prepare 1 cup of shortening ( crisco).
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 3 cup of old fashioned oats ( I used quick oats).
- It’s 1 of for the icing.
- It’s 2 of egg whites.
- It’s 2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
ICED OATMEAL COOKIES step by step
- Preheat oven to 350º. Into an electric mixer. Combine shortening, eggs, vanilla, br. Sugar , granulated sugar. Scrape down bowl..
- In a separate bowl. Combine b. Soda, cinnamon, salt, flour. Add this to the mixer. Combine well. Add oats slowly. Mix together. Let sit for 5 minutes. Then mix again..
- Drop by rounded Tablespoon. Space 3" apart. They will spread. I used a #40 scoop. Place onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. I used parchment paper.bake 10-13 minutes. Mine took 15. Depending on your oven. The edges will be slightly Brown. And soft in the middle. Do not flatten. They will flatten by themselves.They will keep baking till they cool. Do not over bake..
- While they cool.make icing. In an electric mixer, combine egg whites, powered sugar & vanilla.combine until thick. If to runny add some more powered sugar. Once they cool.you can either dip them or drizzle them. I put mine in a plactic bag snipped a tint piece off. You can keep them in the fridge. On the counter or Freeze them..( I got about 40 of them. So I froze some)…..