Chewy Oatmeal Cookies.
Servant Chewy Oatmeal Cookies using 11 recipe in 10 easy steps. Attending is how you cook something following that.
Ingredients of Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg, room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of vanilla.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 2/3 cup of old fashioned oats, uncooked.
- It’s 1 cup of optional mix in (raisins, chocolate chips, m&m's, butterscotch chips).
Chewy Oatmeal Cookies instructions
- Cream the butter with a hand-held mixer for a minute. Then add in both sugars and cream together for 2 minutes more..
- Add in the vanilla and egg. Mix until everything is well blended..
- In a separate bowl whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon..
- Add the dry mixture into the wet in stages while mixing until it's all added and combined..
- Gradually fold in an optional add in, if using (Raisins are what's pictured)..
- Dough will be very thick and sticky. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Roll the chilled dough into small balls and set on prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart..
- Cook for 8-10 minutes. Cookies should only be very lightly browned around the edges and will still look very soft in the center. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely..
- Store in an air tight container, room temperature..