Double Dark Chocolate Chip and Almond Coconut Oatmeal Cookies.
Baker Double Dark Chocolate Chip and Almond Coconut Oatmeal Cookies using 16 recipe in 9 easy steps. Attendant is how you create something bearing in mind that.
Ingredients of Double Dark Chocolate Chip and Almond Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- You need of Dry Ingredients.
- You need 2 cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Salted Butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of Organic Whole Cane Sugar – Fine Ground.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Dark Cocoa Powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Old Fashioned Rolled Oats.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chopped Almonds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Dark Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Whole Milk.
- Prepare 3 large of Brown Eggs.
- Prepare 12 oz of Dark Chocolate Chips or Chunks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cold Pressed Coconut Oil.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Almond Extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Coconut extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fine Sea Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
Double Dark Chocolate Chip and Almond Coconut Oatmeal Cookies instructions
- Mix 1/4 cup of oats and 1/4 cup almonds into a food processor and chop coarsely. Mix flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, baking soda, 1/4 cup (half of total for the recipe) of the fine cane sugar and the chopped oats/almonds into a large mixing bowl.
- In a sauce pan start to brown 2 sticks (about 1 cup) of salted butter. As soon as the first sign of browning occurs remove from heat and stir to help cool faster. Add 1-2 tbsp cold water to quickly stop browning action just as it completes. While still hot melt in 1/4 cup dark brown sugar. After brown sugar is fully melted add 2 tbsp cold pressed coconut oil (it's important not to "cook" the oil but the mixture needs to stay warm..
- While browning or while butter is cooling mix 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk with 1/4 cup whole milk into a separate bowl. Beat until fluffy like scrambled eggs (or whip) – tiny air bubbles are required. Add other 1/4 cup of cane sugar and 2 tbsp almond extract and beat/whip further..
- Beat in the warm butter mixture to the eggs (make sure butter is not too hot to touch or it will cook the eggs). Make a cup with the dry mix, then pour half of the fluffy egg/butter mixture into the powder cup..
- Using a spatula fold the powder over the liquids and "roll" the mix. After its sufficiently mixed, add the Choc chips and pour the rest of the liquids over the mix and continue to roll the dough. Be sure to pass through the center of the ball forming so all dry ingredients get sufficiently mixed..
- [Optional] Refrigerate dough for 4 hours minimum, up to 48 before sheeting..
- Preheat the oven to 375-F. Oil two baking sheets (I recommend using coconut oil). Spoon or pinch 3×3"blobs about 2" apart. I fit 12 to a standard baking sheet. Bake in center of oven for 13-16 min (I did 14m for standard Natural Gas oven).
- Immediately remove from oven and rapid cool the sheets as fast as possible. (It was winter here so I put them on the back porch for 5 minutes). Makes about 2 dozen cookies..
- Store in closed metal tin or freezer bag with slice of bread and paper towel..