Ken's Unforgettable Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Soft and chewy with that trademark homemade flavor, these are the best soft and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies. Made with brown sugar, vanilla Your family will love these easy oatmeal raisin cookies! There are two types of people in this world.
Each bite is loaded with oats and sweet bursts of raisins. This oatmeal cookie recipe make cookies are soft in the middle, a little chewy on the outside and full of warm flavors like cinnamon and vanilla. This moist and chewy oatmeal raisin cookie recipe makes the best version of an old favorite. Baker Ken's Unforgettable Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies using 12 recipe in 7 easy steps. Attending is how you servant something past that.
Ingredients of Ken's Unforgettable Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of coarse sea salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 3 cup of quick-cook oats.
However I would not recommend adding more oats; it was too overpowering. I decided to make monster cookies hoping they would turn our big and chewy which they did. The best Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe ever!! These cookies are extra moist, soft & chewy!
Ken's Unforgettable Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies step by step
- Put raisins in microwave safe bowl, cover with water. Microwave for 5 minutes. Let soak for about 5 minutes more, then strain. Set aside..
- Add sugar and brown sugar to large bowl. Add softened butter (or margarine or vegan alternative) and mix with mixer until consistent texture..
- Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extracts to wet mix, blend until smooth..
- Sift or mix together flour, baking soda, coarse sea salt, and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients and hand mix until consistent texture..
- Add oats and strained raisins, and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for one hour..
- Set oven to 375° F. Grease baking sheet. Scoop into tablespoon sizes and place 1.5-2" apart on sheet. Press in crossing pattern with fork. Sprinkle with sugar if you'd like. 🙂 Bake for 10 minutes..
- Let them set for at least two minutes (I know it's hard!). Whether you eat them hot, warm, or room temperature, they'll still be chewy!.
A tried, tested and perfected America's Test Kitchen recipe. I'm more of a savoury than sweet tooth gal. Having said that, I never say no if someone plonks a cake in front of me. I woke up Sunday morning craving oatmeal raisin cookies something fierce, so I tried to make myself eat oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar in it for breakfast but that didn't I have very specific tastes in oatmeal raisin cookies. A crisp edge is always welcome, but the rest of it must be thick and chewy.