Healthy oatmeal cookies. Soft and chewy healthy oatmeal cookies are made with oats, honey, coconut oil, chopped nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, and much more! They're super nutritious and make a great snack or even. Classic oatmeal cookies involve LOTS of brown sugar and butter.
Enjoy them as a light breakfast or pre-workout snack! Healthier cookies can be tricky to figure out, and this one was no exception. The sweetness in this recipe comes from the carrots, apples, and raisins, and there's some honey to make sure that each one tastes like a cookie. Have Healthy oatmeal cookies using 13 ingredient in 5 easy steps. Hither is how you baker something later than that.
Ingredients of Healthy oatmeal cookies
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of oats.
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- You need 1/4 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/4 cup of walnuts or pecans, well chopped.
Tender on the inside, crunchy on the outside, SO delicious! These healthy oatmeal cookies are made with whole wheat flour and oats. They're just as delicious as your favorite chewy oatmeal cookies, but with healthier ingredients! Find healthy, delicious oatmeal cookie recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell.
Healthy oatmeal cookies step by step
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt together..
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla extract and honey..
- Combine the wet ingredients with flour mix. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins. The mixture will be wet the sticky. Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or upto 3 days..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Remove the dough from the fridge and drop the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls spacing it out to 1 inch. Gently flatten the balls with the fingers to be about 3/4 inch thick..
- Bake the cookies until golden and firm, for about 10-15 minutes. Once done let them cool for few minutes before transferring them and enjoy a healthy snack..
This recipe takes oatmeal cookies up a notch with its cinnamony, buttery, delicious take on a. Calling all Oatmeal Cookie lovers, here's my favorite Healthy Oatmeal Cookies. Made using the same ingredients, but at different proportions. These Healthy Oatmeal Cookies are great for customising. It's actually a very forgiving recipe – thanks to the mashed dates that makes a solid batter base.